Monday, February 4, 2019

PHASE V: ANOTHER CHANGE OF PACE

The last one was in March 2016, when I decided to go back to "the original, low-maintenance concept of the blog."

Now I'm thinking about focusing less on visual art than on a particular type of Femme Formidable: the type who is (a) involved primarily in what I term "the combative mode," and who is also (b) either the solo focus of the narrative or belongs to an ensemble of characters, usually other combative types.

Most of the examples I've cited under the yearly studies were combative types. However, because I also examined famous villains, monsters, and other character-types, those essays are a mixed bag.

For a few weeks at least, I'm going to attempt a sort of "abbreviated database" of Formidables related to the combative mode-- abbreviated in that I probably won't provide much data beyond a sentence or two. 

I'll proceed alphabetically, covering two characters at a time. As I plan things now:

(1) One of the two will be reasonably well known by fans; the other not so much.

(2) One will be from the first sixty-something years of the 20th century; the other from any time later.

(3) One will originate in a "performance" form of media, like radio, television or film; the other will originate in a "non-performance" type like comics, cartoons, or prose fiction.

And that's all the explanation I'll give, until I get bored enough to change again.


No comments:

Post a Comment